Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's the playoffs, baby!

This bear happens to be a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. From my days as a cub, I loved the Black & Gold. I watched them play at Pitt Stadium, up on Cardiac Hill. I followed them from the days of John Henry Johnson, through the Steel Curtain, to today's team. And I don't know if I had a fan experience with more ups and downs than watching today's game.

I was thrilled to see them go off to the big lead, and how they kept Peyton Manning in check. I yelled at the television when the referee overturned Polamalu's interception. I got worried when the Colts scored and added the two-point conversion. I was overjoyed when Manning was sacked at the 2 yard line. I was ready to slit my throat when "The Bus" fumbled. And then I was finally reassured that there is justice in the world when the Colts' field goal try went as far right as one of my own tee shots.

Up in Heaven, Art Rooney is smiling right now. So am I down here.

No comments: