Sunday, January 01, 2006

My kind of guy

Dan Freeman gets my vote for "The Bear's Man of the Year". Now, I know it doesn't have anywhere near the status or impact of Time magazine's choice, but this fellow instantly endeared himself to me when I found out how he spent 2005.

Dan reached retirement, and decided to have a "project" for 2005 -- to visit 1000 bars in the year. Now, he had a little help in that he lives in NYC. High density of drinking locales and a good transit/taxi system to get around the DUI problem. It would be a lot tougher living anywhere in Kansas. Or North Dakota.

Anyhow, Dan was blogging the entire year. You can find his odyssey at his site, 1000 Bars. Too bad that I just found out about this; I would have been following his exploits all year long. Probably would have been more interesting than following my favorite sports teams. Now I have lots of catching up to do, if only to prep for future trips to the Big Apple.

No comments: